Re: What do I need in Kernel for DSL

Am Dienstag, 4. Mai 2004 00:22 schrieb Micha Feigin:
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 07:51:17PM +0200, Werner Mahr wrote:
> > Am Montag, 3. Mai 2004 17:02 schrieb Micha Feigin:
> > > Any more information on the type of connection and type of modem?
> >
> > D-Link 360i on Ethernet, with german T-Online. Don't know what that is.
> Do you have adsl connection from you current kernel? if so please post

Seems so, on the Modem is printed ADSL Modem.

> the output of ifconfig when connected, finding the interface as a start
> could help.
eth0      Protokoll:Ethernet  Hardware Adresse 00:E0:7D:EF:F3:A0
          Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:100
          RX bytes:441579042 (421.1 MiB)  TX bytes:42493819 (40.5 MiB)
          Interrupt:9 Basisadresse:0xc000

ppp0      Protokoll:Punkt-zu-Punkt Verbindung
          inet Adresse:  P-z-P:  Maske:
          Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:3
          RX bytes:155674673 (148.4 MiB)  TX bytes:8896002 (8.4 MiB)

I'm sorry, but it is with german locales.

> Its hard finding information on this modem. I searched in google and as
> far as I can tell most of it is in German and I understand none of
> it. Assuming from the German provider you can read German try a search
> on google for D-Link 360i and see if you find directions or more
> information on the connection.

I didn't find anything.

> It also supports PPPoE and Bridged Ethernet, could be that using PPPoE
> will work, there is a package that helps set it up, you will need
> pppoeconf and pppoe and then run pppoeconf and see if it finds the
> pppoe interface.

With this Packages I configured it the first time.

> Try browsing to,, (my best bet for the
                  my own       not found    not found

> IP (set the last number to 2), say if you need help with this.

I try tomorrow if the previous mentoined points (ppp-* and so on) work, then I
maybe can say more.

MfG usw.

Werner Mahr
registered Linuxuser: 295882