Re: What do I need in Kernel for DSL

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 07:51:17PM +0200, Werner Mahr wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. Mai 2004 17:02 schrieb Micha Feigin:
>
> > Any more information on the type of connection and type of modem?
>
> D-Link 360i on Ethernet, with german T-Online. Don't know what that is.

Do you have adsl connection from you current kernel? if so please post
the output of ifconfig when connected, finding the interface as a start
could help.

Its hard finding information on this modem. I searched in google and as
far as I can tell most of it is in German and I understand none of
it. Assuming from the German provider you can read German try a search
on google for D-Link 360i and see if you find directions or more
information on the connection.

>From what I could find it should have a web interface and snmp (which
will be harder to setup)
(http://www.dlink.pl/docs/datenblatt/dsl-360i_datasheet_en.pdf)

It also supports PPPoE and Bridged Ethernet, could be that using PPPoE
will work, there is a package that helps set it up, you will need
pppoeconf and pppoe and then run pppoeconf and see if it finds the
pppoe interface.

Try browsing to 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1 (my best bet for the
interfaces IP) you will need to set you local interface to a matching
IP (set the last number to 2), say if you need help with this.