Network Adapter Problem!

Dear All,

  According to my previous mail, I had a problem with
my LAN adapter. My problem was inability to link the
corresponding module of my LAN adapter to the kernel
during setup phase.  Bob mailed me with too many
complete recommendations! Thanks Bob! ;)

Well first of all let me describe my problem:

 I have a D-link DFE-530TX+ Fast 10/100 Mbps PCI LAN
Adapter. The manufacture sells the adapter with a CD
holds corresponding drivers. The driver used for Linux
is: ¡§RTL8139¡¨ this file is a C++ code.

Bob had told me to try 8139too.o but according to my
experiences with FreeBSD, Slackware, Redhat, and
Mandrake linuxes, all these distributions had detected
my adapter as Via-Rhine III type! I have taken a deep
look again and I became sure that those ones have
detected my adapter as Via-Rhine.

Last night, I had fired up the setup again with bf24
kernel and wanted to follow the instructions
recommended by Dear Bob. There was no 8139too module
for inclusion! Then I¡¦ve tried Linux (default),
Vanilla, and compact ones; All of them had the 8139too
module (Good 4 me) but unable to link it to the
kernel!! When I had selected the module for inclusion,
the setup issued this message:

¡§Please specify any command-line parameters needed
for this module. In most cases, you do not need to
enter any parameter and the default ones work fine.¡¨

And with a field, that was available for me to enter
any needed parameter(s). Without any command-line or
parameter(s), the following results obtained:

¡§../lib/modules/2.2.20-compact/net/8139too.o :
init-module : Device or resource busy.
  Hint : insmod errors can be caused by incorrect
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ
parameters
 ../lib/modules/2.2.20-comact/net/8139too.o : failed.

 Installation failed¡K Press ENTER to exit!¡¨

I had tested other modules. I¡¦ve found that for some
of them, the setup assumes some
preset-configuration-settings for IRQ and IO address.
For example, for some of them, before linking, setup
issues:

¡§ IRQ = 9
  IO = 0xdc00
  ¡K. ¡§
And for some of them:

¡§ IRQ = 0
  IO = 0
.. ¡§

Then I had tried entering my desired setting, so in
the available field, I have entered: ¡§ irq=9
io=0xdc00 ¡§ but no good result obtained!! ?¼ Again
the error messages appeared with this additional one:
¡§ invalid parm_irq ¡§ .

Now I¡¦m sure that the problem with linking the
8139too.o module to the kernel is caused by IRQ or IO
addresses!! I think If I can resolve this problem,
both ¡§8139too¡¨ (Bob¡¦s recommendation) and
¡§Via-Rhine III¡¨ modules will work fine. Now, I need
your help and I¡¦m looking 4 your recommendations.

=====

Kaveh Gh.

Email : Kaveh_gh@mehr.sharif.edu

            gangland_1464@yahoo.com