Re: printer puzzle

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 07:32:25AM -0500, hugo vanwoerkom wrote:
> Mozilla does not print. It uses xprint exclusively,

Really.  When did that start, when did you make that change, and why didn't
you tell anyone you had done it?

Mozilla is quite capable of producing Postscript output all on its own
without the help of Xprint.  Using Xprint is supposedly better than letting
Mozilla handle it (just look at all the bugzilla entries about Mozilla
Postscript generation at mozilla.org), but it can do it.

The reason people have so much trouble with printing under *nix, is because
they expect it to work like printing under Windows.  Xprint is an attempt
to make it work like that.

--
 Marc Wilson |     I know th'MAMBO!!  I have a TWO-TONE CHEMISTRY SET!!
 msw@cox.net |