Exim vs Qmail

Assuming continued unsuccess in configuring qmail and a broken qmail-run
package, had to reinstall exim4 to keep cron/anacron stuff working. This
looks much easier to configure and just as secure/unsecure as using simple
kmail accesses.

All I have to do is place host:login:password in the configuration and it will
receive/send mail to/from these hosts, or do I still need a bind/MX?

This file with the passwords is, really, plain text. This is a home system so
no big secrets but things should not be sooo obvkous :-) But if it works ...
hosts are in the DMZ of the firewall for what that is ultimately worth.