Re: SSH display problem

> In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> > It's difficult to describe exactly. When I start mutt and I've got
> > four e-mails to read, only 1 is displayed, the others become visible
> > when I scroll the cursor down.
>
> This sounds suspiciously like a problem with TERM. Specifically, it sounds
> like you have the right terminal type but not the size. Type
>
>      stty -a
>
> in the terminal window and see what sizes (rows and columns) you get. Do
> these correspond to what you expect?  If not, you can temporarily fix this by
>
>     stty rows 24 columns 80

Unfortunately, this is not the problem. The result from stty -a:
speed 9600 baud; rows 30; columns 130; line = 0; intr = ^C; quit = ^\;
erase = ^H; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>; start
= ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = <undef>; lnext =
<undef>; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0; -parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl
-cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts -ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck
-istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel opost
-olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0
ff0 isig icanon -iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase
-tostop -echoprt -echoctl -echoke

Number of rows & columns correspond exactly to the size of the
terminal window.

> Longer term fix requires getting the right TERM set, I would say.

Sounds likely, but I found a list of hundreds of possible TERM
settings - too much to guess. On both my Linux box and on the HP-UX
machine, TERM is set to 'xterm'. I've tried a few likely candidates
(TERM=linux, hpterm and a few others) but no luck.

Any other suggestions?

--
Matthijs
vanaalten@hotmail.com