Re: sarge?

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 01:25, Katipo wrote:
> Nicos Gollan wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:24:44 +0100
> >Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> >

> >>Notwithstanding the usual attempt of a number of news sources (not
> >>singling out DWN here) to spread bad news far and wide, let's not man
> >>the lifeboats just yet.
> >>

> >By "lifeboats" you mean Gentoo, right?
> >

> He doesn't know what they're called.
> He hasn't started looking for them yet.
> What he is referring to is the predisposition for a lot of people to
> adopt a Titanic syndrome when they are standing on dry land.
> Regards,
>
> David.

I agree with many of the posters on slashdot. A distribution that uses a
lot of focus on licencing and fanatic disputes about how the world ought
to be will probably end up as "something funny that was once ago". It
seems to me that foucus now is to support 11 architectures (many of them
are old) in sync and to remove/downgrade support for modern
archtectures/ hardware. That sounds not like a sustainable environment
for me.
Im out of here.
To qoute the dolphins: Good luck and thanks for all the fish...

Kenneth.