Re: sarge?

On 2004-04-30, Kenneth Macdoald Karlsen penned:

> I agree with many of the posters on slashdot. A distribution that uses
> a lot of focus on licencing and fanatic disputes about how the world
> ought to be will probably end up as "something funny that was once
> ago". It seems to me that foucus now is to support 11 architectures
> (many of them are old) in sync and to remove/downgrade support for
> modern archtectures/ hardware. That sounds not like a sustainable
> environment for me.  Im out of here.  To qoute the dolphins: Good luck
> and thanks for all the fish...

Then why are we even bothering with this whole "open source" thing?  I
mean, it's *all* about licensing and, from the outsider's point of view,
fanatic disputes about how the world ought to be.

I've been following (some of) the massive threads on debian-devel, and
while I am not quite sure where I stand on these matters, and I do think
that some of the devs are wearing their panties one size too small (in
terms of their tone), I do think it's important for these discussions to
take place.  There are movements afoot to ensure that this debate can
occur without delaying sarge's release, and I think this is a reasonable
approach.

--
monique