Re: Debian menu with KDE 3.2.2?

Rene Engelhard wrote:

Iwan van der Kleyn wrote:
I recently upgraded my main workstation at home (testing/unstable) to KDE3.2.2. It integrates the Debian menu in a seperate menu-entry ("Debian").

Afterwards I performed a clean install of Debian at home and work. There the Debian menu remained empty (and therefore invisible). Programs which are clearly installed (i.e. Mozilla 1.6) are not visible through the menu.

Running update-menus doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I missing something here, or do I need to file this a a bug?

apt-get install menu-xdg

(which is Recommended by kdelibs-bin)

Grüße/Regards,

I appreciate this info. However, "menu-xdg" has no man page (doesn't that make it a broken package?), no info page, no informative info in /usr/share/docs, and there doesn't seem to be a "menu-xdg" executable, at least not that I've been able to find. After installing this tool, what next?

--
Kent