Re: gtk2 - bad locale and bad characters

2004. április 26. 20:57 dátummal Antonio Rodriguez ezt írta:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:46:56PM +0200, LeVA wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using some gtk2 apps (i.e.: xchat2 compiled from sources) and
> > I'm using the LANG=hu_HU variable. When xchat is logging, it writes
> > the 'é,á,?,?,ú,ö,ü,ó,í' hungarian characters wrong: I get '??'
> > instead of 'á' and '??' instead of 'ü' and so on.... And, if I'm
> > using another gtk2 app with a file browser window, I can not see
> > directories, and files, which contains those characters. What is
> > the problem? I'm using the "standard" debian packages of gtk2:
> >
> > libgtk2.0-0    2.2.4-3
> >
> > Anyone experiencing this problem?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Daniel
>
> It may have to do with locales and with the type of fonts that you
> have selected in Settings->Preferences->Interface->Text Box
> I have Bitstream Vera Sans 11, and some times I get garbage for
> simple latin 1 characters such as ñ,ü,¡,¿ and so forth. usually it
> happens when someone types it in a remote client. If I type it all
> see it. Check this two things. Please report back your findings. HTH

It doesn't matter what font I'm using in xchat, or in the viewer program
in which I'm opening the log files. I tried to switch it but xchat is
still producing weird fonts to the log files, and I can not see the
directories or files which are containing those characters in a gtk
file browser window. It is probably some compile time locale setting
issue. Like in mc, when I'm compiling it, I can enable the native
language support, and I can see the 'éáű' characters, but without it, I
can see only the weird characters: ĂĄ ... So it might be some gtk
misconfiguration. Maybe I'll try to compile the gtk2 libs myself, and
see if it will help.

Daniel

--
LeVA