Downloading Debian using Jigdo

Hello all:

Completely new to Linux.

Was trying to run Jigdo and get the ISO images to build a CD for
installation.

What I did was goto the Mirror site below:

http://people.debian.org/~atterer/woody/jigdo-area/3.0_r2/jigdo/i386/

There were 9 files for the release, listed below:

woody-i386-1.jigdo
woody-i386-2.jigdo
woody-i386-3.jigdo
woody-i386-4.jigdo
woody-i386-5.jigdo
woody-i386-6.jigdo
woody-i386-7.jigdo
woody-i386-1_NONUS.jigdo
debian-update-3.0r2.01-i386.jigdo

Ran "jigdo-lite" batch file and it prompted me for URL & name of the "jigdo"
file. Entered this and prompted me again for URL.

The batch file downloaded a "template file" and then tried some updating to
no avail many times.

Don't know if my files are correct because sometimes during this process it
asked me for a non-us Mirror site on some downloads and sometimes it did
not.
Sometimes my CMD window was hung?

Has anybody suffered these problems and is there some better way?

Any help is appreciated.

signed, confused new potential Linux user:-((