Re: apt-proxy not working for security updates

Stephen Patterson <s.patterson@freeuk.com> writes:

> I've got apt-proxy set up and working fine for the main debian stable
> and testting archives, but it doesn't work for security updates.
>
> I have the security backend in apt-proxy configured as follows
>
> add_backend /security/                                  \
>          $APT_PROXY_CACHE/security/                      \
>          http://security.debian.org::woody/updates/
>

> I've also tried this
> add_backend /security/                                  \
>          $APT_PROXY_CACHE/security/                      \
>          http://security.debian.org::woody-updates/
>
> Judging from the apt-proxy log below, Its attempting to download an
> invalid path (404 error), so does anyone know what the path should be?
>
> [9895 14:20:56]  Sun Apr 25 14:20:56 BST 2004 Request
> /security/dists/sarge/updates/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> [9895 14:20:56]  Bad URL dists directory does not exist on any server

I use this line:

add_backend /security/ $APT_PROXY_CACHE/security/ http://security.debian.org/

which seems to work.  I think I got it from the sample config file
that comes with apt-proxy.

You can also use /usr/share/doc/apt-proxy/examples/apt-proxy-mkconfig
to turn a working sources.list into a apt-proxy.conf + proxied
sources.list - e.g.:

,----[ sources.list ]
| deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
`----