Re: kernel 2.6.X and cdrecord / xcdroast

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 09:21:14PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net> writes:
> > Don't be.  It's true that ide-scsi is depreciated, but I can't think of a
> > single front-end to cdrecord that supports ATAPI device specifications
> > other than k3b, and who wants to use *that*?
>
> Ah, that must be it, then.  I like k3b.  Not as nice as cdbakeoven,
> but cdbakeoven isn't in sid last I checked.

Cdbakeoven, like k3b, is a KDE application, which is enough to disqualify
it right there from any serious consideration.  I've yet to meet a KDE app
that wasn't more concerned with how it looked than whether it worked
properly.

Its homepage also states that the burner must be recognized as a SCSI
device (#3 in the FAQ), so it's not in the running at all.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
 msw@cox.net |