Re: kernel 2.6.X and cdrecord / xcdroast

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 10:00, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:30:05 +0200, Mike Chandler wrote:
>
> > I give up. What is wrong with k3b?
>
> Everything. Especially the 'k'. Because it means you run KDE. Look at the
> dependencies !
> That is one of the great things of xcdroast: You can run it from any
> desktop environment. Non-bloated ones, e.g.:
>
> Actually, with all these discussions on 'Linux on the Desktop' we should
> encourage more cross-Desktop applications; more that run essentially on
> X.
> I am afraid, someone will have to write another CD-toaster; because Jörg
> Schilling seems really unwilling to develop anything for the latest
> Linux-Kernel. So he wrote. He doesn't like the ATAPI / non-scsi approach
> at all, it seems. But since the xcdroast is his brain-child, this is of
> course up to him.

Does anyone use cdrdao? I had problems with it when i tried to burn a cd
image. It woulc create the image ok but not burn it. I dont know about a
other frontend for cdrdao other than gcdmaster and it didnt recognise my
drives. It doesent seem at the docs and manpages are fully updated when
it comes to atapi devices.
Kenneth.