Re: apt-get (plz help)

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
Umar Draz <i_debian@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi dear members!
>
>   i am new in debian and i use apt-get
>
>   plz help me what kind of source i instert /etc/apt/source.list
>
>  that when i request install any package is its automatically install.
>  at this time there is only deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/LINUX 3.0 r2 _ Woody_
>  Offical i386] now at this time i have no cd of debian.
>
>  and i want install samba, nfs, apache, proftp, etc
>
>   so plese tell me what kind of source i should insert in
>   /etc/apt/source.list that my require package install automatically
>   when i issue this command
>
> apt-get install apache etc

You should read the sources.list portions of the APT HOWTO, located
at:

http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#apt-howto

which is in the Documentation section of the Debian homepage, linked
to from that homepage.  The Documentation section of the Debian
webpage should always be one of the first places you look for such
info.

Take a look at this to, for some advice on how to track down such
info, and how to ask questions here once you've tried other sources:

Good luck!

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)