Re: Intel 845 in XFree4.3.0.1

Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:

It worked....intel driver....videoram on it and it is okay....

One other problem...i can't select 16 color depth with 1024x768
With this resolution only 8 color depth.

Anyone an idea ?

GrtZ,
Phil.

I had similar problems on my Dell GX270. Turns out that the A06 version of the BIOS is broken, and once I downgraded to A03 all was well.

I sent a note to Dell telling them that they should fix their BIOS or develop a reputation for selling shoddy hardware, but I don't think they can read; all they saw was that I was running Linux and sent back a form letter saying they only support the OS that shipped on the machine. Duh.

--
Kent