Re: Newbie to SID: How to install the previous version of a package ?

On 2004-04-22, Paul Johnson penned:
> --=-=-= Content-Type: text/plain
>
> Sylvain Vedrenne <sylvain.vedrenne@free.fr> writes:
>
>> How to install the previous version of a package ?
>
> If you need to ask this question, you should *NOT* be running sid.

Oh, bah.

You might say, "If you're going to be running sid, it's a good idea to
know how to install the previous version of a package."  Which is
exactly what the OP is trying to learn.

But you know, I ran sid for years without knowing how to do this, and I
survived.  The more b0rked a package is, the faster it usually gets
fixed.  Often, the bug is in a configuration file or whatnot, so an
experienced linux weenie can fix the problem without having to downgrade
packages.

--
monique