Re: Modprobe under kernel 2.6

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:31:38PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Does anybody know why some modules in /etc/modules appear to be ignored?
>
> I have always need "hid" in /etc/modules to make my usb mouse work, and now
> under 2.6 I also need to modprobe psmouse and intel-agp to get into X (kdm).  I
> added them to /etc/modules but nothing seems to be modprobed at start up.  In
> fact the only thing that is in /etc/modules that is probed is ide-scsi - which
> I'd rather _wasn't_ done under 2.6 but I need it for 2.4

You should look into using /etc/mod{probe,ules}.conf. man update-modules
Take a look at /usr/share/doc/modutils/examples/versioned, that's a
script that allows you to specify modules for kernel versions/families.

--
George Cristian Birzan			gcbirzan (at) wolfheart (dot) ro
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding.