Re: Modprobe under kernel 2.6

Derek Broughton wrote:
On April 21, 2004 12:41 pm, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Derek Broughton wrote:

Does anybody know why some modules in /etc/modules appear to be ignored?

I have always need "hid" in /etc/modules to make my usb mouse work, and
now under 2.6 I also need to modprobe psmouse and intel-agp to get into X
(kdm).  I added them to /etc/modules but nothing seems to be modprobed at
start up.  In fact the only thing that is in /etc/modules that is probed
is ide-scsi - which I'd rather _wasn't_ done under 2.6 but I need it for
2.4

Dumb question: do you have module-init-tools installed?

Hey, you can't solve dumb problems if someone won't ask the dumb questions :-)

But, yes, I do and it claims to be the latest version available to sarge (3.0-pre10-2).

Then that is really strange.  I have two boxes running Sid, and in both
cases everything listed in /etc/modules gets modprobed.

-Roberto Sanchez