Re: What happened to the Compose Key?

On Saturday 17 April 2004 15:20, Adam Funk wrote:

>> See  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86 for the complete list of
>> available options.
>
> I had a look at that but it doesn't really explain what the options
> do. How could I get my right alt key (which as far as I can tell does
> nothing at present) to imitate the left alt key?

I've now found out that right-alt does some useful things (like the euro
symbol) so I'm not bothered about this now.

But now I have two questions about composing.  Where can I find a list
of the key-combinations that compose handles?  And is it possible to
enter arbitrary unicode characters (maybe something like the old
Windoze Alt+ASCII_on_numpad entry)?