Re: What happened to the Compose Key?

Steven Yap wrote:

> See  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86 for the complete list of
> available options.

Thanks very much! I have a working Compose Key now. ß ¥ £, etc. The list
of Options, as you yourself pointed out, should be
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86.lst.

I am not quite sure when exactly Sid changed from xfree86 4.2 to 4.3.
Anyway, since the change, the right Alt key no longer works like it did
before. I used to have RightAlt-minus = dead_macron, so that RightAlt-
minus-o produced õ (this message is in utf-8!). Also, RightAlt-5 used to
produce € (Euro sign) but it no longer does.

I found several messages on Google to the effect that "RightAlt does not
work as AltGr anymore". Is there really a bug here, as far as you know?
Or is there a simple solution just as you gave for the Compose Key?

Regards, Jan

Trying to make sense of Unicode: http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu.html