Re: What happened to the Compose Key?

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 11:16, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:

>  From Google, it appears this can be set in modern versions of
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, as an "Option" in the "InputDevice" section. But
> which Option? I could not find a list of such "Options" anywhere.

This is what I have in the InputDevice section of my XF86Config-4:

        Option          "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps,compose:ralt"

The first one "ctrl:swapcaps" switches the Caps Lock key with Left
Control. The second one "compose:ralt" assigns the Compose key to Right
Alt.

In your case, using "compose:rwin" will put Compose on the Right Windows
key.

See  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86 for the complete list of
available options.

--
Steven Yap <syap@shaw.ca>