Re: Sarge Jigdo Image

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:13:11 -0500
hugo vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

Hi Hugo,

> But as final step he checks the checksums, did he do

Yes, jigdo said the checksums were fine.

> How did this fail? What does cdrecord say?

The cdrecord process didn't actually fail, it completed successfully. It's only the install process after booting from the CD which fails, but I have since found out why... see below...

> I use sarge-i386-1.iso from jigdo-lite all the time and if he says the
> checksums match I have no trouble using your first cdrecord command.
>
> It boots fine and also installs fine, provided you just use the defaults.

I've used the jigdo download for a few sarge CD's now, and up until this time never had a problem

I did however resolve the problem... it's not the CD, it's the Sarge installer. Basically, it does not like the devices on my Dell laptop.

If I manually enter the second console and change where the CD mounts, everything starts working. This seems to be indirectly caused by the ide-scsi module.

I've now got Sarge installed on my notebook using an older jigdo image I had, and it's now working fine after updating with apt-get.

Thanks for your response Hugo, I got it just as I was about to reply to my original post to say I had found the problem :-)

Pete