Re: Mozilla Thunderbird questions [partly solved]

Well, here's a partial answer to one of my questions.  Posting it here
in the hopes it helps others, too.

Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> 2) How can I force Thunderbird not to wrap specific long lines in an
> email?  If for instance I'm writing a bug report, I want it to wrap
> paragraphs of text, but not the error messages I include inline.  Is the
> context menu "Paste Without Formatting" what I'm looking for?

Copied from here: http://brianpuccio.net/old/node/view/169 :

I found out how to get rid of the on the fly, automagic adjusting of the
word wrap in plain text emails. I knew it was called flowed format but I
wasn't sure how to turn it off. Yes, I am aware of the advantages it
offers, but it also makes me look like an idiot when posting to the
mailing lists. So I added these two lines to my prefs.js file:

user_pref("mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support", true);
user_pref("mailnews.send_plaintext_flowed", false);