Re: Mozilla 1.6-5 not printing anything

J.S.Sahambi wrote:

steef wrote:

J.S.Sahambi wrote:

I am using Debian/unstable.
Recently after an upgrade, mozilla has stopped printing. When I print a page from mozilla, it sends a ps file to printer and nothing gets printed. My printer is HP2300TN and I am using cups for printing. The output of dpkg -l|grep cups is given below:

$ dpkg -l |grep cups

.
.
.
.
.
.

add some foomatic-files: maybe good under unstable too??

steef@debian:~$ dpkg -l|grep foomatic
ii foomatic-db 20040303-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - database ii foomatic-db-en 3.0.1-20040312 linuxprinting.org printer support - programs ii foomatic-filte 3.0.1-6 linuxprinting.org printer support - filters ii foomatic-filte 20040220-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - prebuilt

I had updated the system a couple of times in last 2 weeks and did not boot the machine. So the uptime was about 15 days. Today I booted the machine and mozilla is now printing without any problems.

So now a new question: Should one reboot the machine after every update of the system?

Thanks for suggestions.
JSS

do it, just to stay on the safe side. seems no harm in rebooting after major changes.

s.