Re: Mozilla 1.6-5 not printing anything

J.S.Sahambi wrote:

I am using Debian/unstable.
Recently after an upgrade, mozilla has stopped printing. When I print a page from mozilla, it sends a ps file to printer and nothing gets printed. My printer is HP2300TN and I am using cups for printing. The output of dpkg -l|grep cups is given below:

$ dpkg -l |grep cups

ii cupsys 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server ii cupsys-bsd 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD comman ii cupsys-client 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client pro
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-4        Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-4        Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
ii libcupsimage2 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - image libs
ii  libcupsys2     1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
ii libcupsys2-dev 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - developmen

The output of dpkg -l|grep mozilla is given below:

$ dpkg -l |grep mozilla

ii acroread-plugi 5.08-woody0.0 Adobe Acrobat(R) Reader plugin for mozilla /
ii  mozilla        1.6-5          Mozilla Web Browser - dummy package
ii  mozilla-browse 1.6-5          Mozilla Web Browser - core and browser
rc mozilla-firefo 0.8-8 lightweight web browser based on Mozilla ii mozilla-mailne 1.6-5 Mozilla Web Browser - mail and news support ii mozilla-psm 1.6-5 Mozilla Web Browser - Personal Security Mana
ii  mozilla-xft    1.6-5          Mozilla Web Browser - Xft support files
jsahambi@ws97:~/files/doc/dept/ec320-syllabus-revision$

The commandline print (lpr) works very fine. Other applications like openoffice, etc., can print without a problem.

The interesting point is that if I print a webpage to "file" and then send that ps file to printer with lpr, the printer then also does not prints anything.

All I can understand is that mozilla is sending some thing into the ps file which the pritner cannot understand and so it prints nothing(Am I right?).

Is any other person facing the same problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
JSS

add some foomatic-files: maybe good under unstable too??

steef@debian:~$ dpkg -l|grep foomatic
ii foomatic-db 20040303-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - database ii foomatic-db-en 3.0.1-20040312 linuxprinting.org printer support - programs ii foomatic-filte 3.0.1-6 linuxprinting.org printer support - filters ii foomatic-filte 20040220-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - prebuilt