apache-ssl problems

I just apt-got apache-ssl and it installed along side regular apache 1.3.26 I copied over the things that squirrelmail put into the original httpd.conf file, uncommented the php references just like in the original file but I cant get my squirrelmail page to come up for anything. I really don’t know anything about ssl but it would be nice to know that im logging in secure, there is even a plugin for squirrelmail for secure_login and I have that installed as well, I can go to https://www.computernick.com but I cant go to https://www.computernick.com/squirrelmail or any of the aliases I have set up for it.  What am I missing? Once php is installed I don’t have to installed it for each specific program that needs it right? So by just uncommenting the php4 references like the original config it should just work right? BTW I shut down regular apache just so it wouldn’t interfere (if it would). And also when it asked me all those questions to make my cert or whatever that is I cant find where it put that, cause I would like to change the address I put in it, I put the full host name and would instead like to put just the www.domain.com I have attached my apache-ssl config file and also here are some errors in the logs I don’t understand

Failed to connect to socket: /var/run/gcache_port

connect: Connection refused

apache-ssl: gcacheclient.c:118: OpenServer: Assertion `!"couldn't connect to socket"' failed.

[notice] child pid 1340 exit signal Aborted (6)

/usr/lib/apache-ssl/gcache started

[error] (2)No such file or directory: mod_mime_magic: can't read magic file /etc/apache-ssl/share/magic

[crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 443

Im not too concerned about the magic line, I got that error on the non-ssl apache, I just don’t have a magic file or what to put in it, but it didn’t effect how it ran so I left it alone.

And clues or anything else you might need to give me some advice?

Im sending this to more than one list in hopes that someone can shed some light on this for me rather quickly.

TIA

nick