Re: Display manager

Tom wrote:

Hey,

I'm sorry, but I'm no longer sure: where does my display manager (i.e. kdm, at the moment) collect its list of available window managers? I really tried to come up with an answer myself, but the configuration files that just may have something to do with this topic are happily chaining and symlinking.

My guess would be that it's display manager dependent. I believe the location for KDE is
"/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc":

# Greeter config for all displays
[X-*-Greeter]
# Session types the users can select. It is advisable to have "default" and
# "failsafe" listed herein, which is also the default.
# Note, that the meaning of this value is entirely up to your Session program.
SessionTypes=default,icewm,wmaker,metacity,twm,icewm-session,kde3,gnome-session,
failsafe

May I call it utter chaos, or is it really, once more, just me?

Seems chaotic to me.

--
Kent