Display manager

Hey,

I'm sorry, but I'm no longer sure: where does my display manager (i.e.
kdm, at the moment) collect its list of available window managers? I
really tried to come up with an answer myself, but the configuration
files that just may have something to do with this topic are happily
chaining and symlinking.

The most plausible place I can think of would be /usr/share/xsessions,
but it merely contains 4 .desktop-files, while I have more options
available from KDM.

May I call it utter chaos, or is it really, once more, just me?

Greets,
Tom