Re: Is there a complete log to the bootup messages?

Do you know where can I find logs for the various init level?

Thanks :)

users@linuxforums.org wrote:

> Before hitting the display manager, the bootup messages are
scrolling
> off the screen too fast. I saw some lines mentioning about some
> modules not found. One of them is microcode module (couldn't catch
> the rest). However, when I do a dmesg | grep -i
> microcode, it is not found.
>
> Does dmesg holds the complete log of the bootup messages? If not,
is
> there any way for me to retrieve and view the complete log of the
> bootup messages?

No, dmesg only shows the logs up until the init.d scripts start
running.
Then you might find some of the info in various logs for each of the
scripts.

What I'd do is disable the login manager, then reboot and login at
console, at which time Shift-PgUp will show you everything.

--
Kent