Re: Is there a complete log to the bootup messages?

users@linuxforums.org wrote:

Do you know where can I find logs for the various init level?
They should be in /var/log. For example, in my /etc/rc2.d, I have the script "S99kdm", which is a symlink to /etc/init.d/kdm. So I look in /var/log, and sure enough there's a "kdm.log" file.

However, not all scripts create log files, and even if they do, they may not record the same information as what is echoed to screen during bootup. Thus my earlier suggestion to temporarily deactivate your graphical login manager, reboot, then Shift-PageUp to see the messages.

--
Kent