Re: Sarge system now refusing all login attempts

Carl Fink wrote:
On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 05:56:52PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:

look at the logs, there is probably something about something there :-) try ls -lrt to see which logs were changed last (right after you do sudo or something that doesn't work)

Sure, as soon as I can get a root shell.  I don't have one and
currently can't get one.

I know about the init= trick (although I was actually going to try
"single" first.  I was hoping for someone to have a less
reboot-requiring suggestion, or at least a suggestion about what
package I need to downgrade.

  what about strace-ing something that tries to authentificate?

  where's a local root exploit when you need it:-)

	erik