Re: Is there a complete log to the bootup messages?

users@linuxforums.org wrote:

Before hitting the display manager, the bootup messages are scrolling
off the screen too fast. I saw some lines mentioning about some
modules not found. One of them is microcode module (couldn't catch
the rest). However, when I do a dmesg | grep -i
microcode, it is not found.

Does dmesg holds the complete log of the bootup messages? If not, is
there any way for me to retrieve and view the complete log of the
bootup messages?

No, dmesg only shows the logs up until the init.d scripts start running. Then you might find some of the info in various logs for each of the scripts.

What I'd do is disable the login manager, then reboot and login at console, at which time Shift-PgUp will show you everything.

--
Kent