dhcp

Hi group,

I have a cable modem and router.  At the moment, my debian box uses dhcp and
asks the router for an ip everytime my machine boots up.  Also, everyday my
router gives my debian box a new ip.  The thing is I want to use port
forwarding to my comp so I can ssh in.  I want to have my comp get the same
ip everytime.  From what I gather, I can do this, but I didn't understand the
man pages to well.  Also, the mini-howto at tldp.org doesn't cover debian too
well.  Does anyone know of a good dhcp reference for dhcp.

MA