Re: Module /usr/src/modules/bcm4400 failed (ahh no network)

Actually the  very  first thing I did was download the new sarge 2 weeks
ago, and I did so with excitement and high expectations.  And I will say
this for other people's benefit it is definitely a beta installer.  It
gave me a various range of problems that I won't go into; plus; it seems
as though it actually gave me less autonomy although there was an expert
mode I did not use.  In particular the bootloader process was f$cked and
it caused me some serious annoyances as it either would not work at all
which really becomes a problem when you are working with a laptop that has
no floppy to boot from or when it did work it over wrote my windows MBR
screwing up my windows(shh don't tell anyone) install.  I don't know what
the exact intent was in re-doing the installer and i am sure there is an
important underlying reason, but it is unfortunate that it makes the
already hardest distribution to install harder.  Debian vexes me so...Such
a great distribution yet sometimes it can be such a hassle to install.  I
hope the end result of this revamp will prove to be worthy.  Maybe it is
just my own lack of knowledge but I just don't believe it should be this
hard...Anyways I could go on and on....By the way what I don't understand
is why sarge isn't coming with an option to load the 2.6 kernel, who
really wants the 2.4 kernel at this point?