Re: When a release is "ready." (was Re: Re: Debian has turned unusable.)

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 10:46:46PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Chris Metzler wrote:
> > One thing that I've never understood, and haven't figured out by
> > reading the Debian Reference or by osmosis from posts here (probably
> > the Debian Developer documents is where I *should* look) is how the
> > "goals" for a release are determined and communicated to anyone
> > interested.
>
> If you find out can you let me know?
>
> I propose the Debian distributions be renamed to
>
> oozing
> settling
> congealed

delightful! not bad at all. memorable, clear, and with bountiful
character. very picturesque, and ought to help the newbies 'get
it'.

i know politics probably will reject these at the first filter
session, but it's got my vote!

:)

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #129 from Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
:
Interested in HACKER CULTURE? For some fun browsing and
enlightening anecdotes, browse
	http://ursine.dyndns.org/jargon/