Re: networking problem with 2.6.4 kernel [was: Re: 2.6.4 kernel install wants to remove current kernel]

on Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:53:38PM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson insinuated:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 06:26:33PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> | on Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:08:28PM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson insinuated:
> | > What version of the dhcp-client package do you have installed?
> |
> | 2.0pl5-11
>
> That's the one from woody.  If you don't mind running a newer
> system,

not at all -- not only do i regularly grab more packages than i plan
to from unstable, but i'm upgrading to the 2.6 stock kernel from
debian -- certainly gonna run into some dependency issues there, i
suppose.

> then I'd try the version from sarge

that did it.  yay!

is it a bug in the kernel package that it doesn't tell me to upgrade
to the newer dhcp-client package, too?

> or the 'dhcp3-client' package.  I don't remember exactly, but I
> think I upgraded to dhcp3-client before I upgraded to kernel 2.6.
> It is conceivable that dhclient is somewhat tied to the kernel
> version.

then it should be upgraded when i use apt/aptitude to grab a new
kernel version, yes?

thanks, dman.  just confirming previous knowledge that you rock.

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/