Re: 2.6.4 kernel install wants to remove current kernel

On Friday 09 April 2004 12:41 pm, Nori Heikkinen wrote:

> of course, i've totally failed to show the slickness of apt to my
> coworker, because as soon as i booted up with 2.6.4, my mouse (neither
> USB nor PS2) didn't work, and i wasn't online.  (right now, i've
> reverted to 2.4 to type this :-P).  surely the 2.6 kernel comes with
> USB support compiled in?  am i just going to have to suck it up and
> roll my own kernel?
>
> thanks again,
>
> </nori>

Make sure you have the modules mousedev and psmouse loaded.  I believe I had
to use modconf to select psmouse from kernel/drivers/input/mouse whereas
mousedev was already loaded for me using discover.  Once psmouse was loaded
then my mouse was active.

John