No sound with Kernel 2.6.5-1 package (atiixp)

I just installed kernel 2.6.5 but now my sound isn't working anymore.
I have an ESS maestro sound card. The maestro3 sound driver still gets loaded, but no sound.

During booting of the kernel (before init) I get an error message:
ERROR removing atiixp: device or resource busy

I don't understand that it got loaded at all. I do not have a soundcard that needs that driver. What I also do not understand that it got loaded during the booting of the kernel. It's compiled as a module in the kernel package.

Can anybody shed some light over this???

Jaap