Re: No sound with Kernel 2.6.5-1 package (atiixp)

Jaap Haitsma wrote:

> [2.6.5 and maestro]

Hi Jaap,

since noone answered until now, I just wanted to tell you that I have the
same problem with one of the companies' laptops here - that's an older ASUS
L8400).

It seems to be some kind of interrupt problem for me, because after the
first reboot into the new kernel I got some kind of distorted sound (like
they have in these science fiction movies before the escape doors are
finally shut ;-)

I read the kernel list a bit, but since I mostly *work* with that machine,
the problem wasn't urgent enough for me so far - but if I see a soultion
somewhere, I'll be back to you...

Greets,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien