Re: white-ish display with Gigabyte Radeon 9000 pro in XFree86 4.3 - unstable

Pim Bliek <bliekp@pingwings.nl> writes:

> I am having a problem with my X config. I am trying to fix it for
> some hours now, and I am LOST.
>
> Symptoms: X starts, but the image is white-ish. I can just read
> it... It looks like someone tuned up brightness to an insane
> level... Not workable..

Start with a properly adjusted monitor.  Start off with the contrast
all the way up, and the brightness all the way down.  Reduce the
contrast, if necissary, to the highest that is comfortable, and
increase the brightness to the lowest comfortable.  Adjust XF86's
gamma for flavor.

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>