Re: white-ish display with Gigabyte Radeon 9000 pro in XFree86 4.3 - unstable

> > Symptoms: X starts, but the image is white-ish. I can just read
> > it... It looks like someone tuned up brightness to an insane
> > level... Not workable..
>
> Start with a properly adjusted monitor.  Start off with the contrast
> all the way up, and the brightness all the way down.  Reduce the
> contrast, if necissary, to the highest that is comfortable, and
> increase the brightness to the lowest comfortable.  Adjust XF86's
> gamma for flavor.
Thanx for the tips, but if you read my post more carefully, it was not the
matter of setting the correct brightness of my monitor :).

However, Elimar Riesebieter pointed me in the right direction by sending his X
config, and hinting about drm.

After compiling drm into the kernel the problem went away.

Pim

PingWings - Making the penguin fly
M:  06-24711729
E:  info@pingwings.nl