Re: aptitude deleted konqueror, any way get it back or go back to stable?

"J F" <j1234f@excite.com> writes:

> I decided to let aptitude update all my packages using the F10 menu
> and also told it to save disk space by getting rid of unused
> packages.

A good idea to do occasionally.

> aptitude deleted konqueror, so is there any way get it back or go
> back to stable?  It also deleted kde which has me afraid to turn the
> power off on my computer at night.  I'm afraid kde will be gone when
> I reboot.

Oops!  That's why aptitude tells you what changes it's going to make,
so you can go through and tell aptitude that you really are using that
and not to mess with it.  Just install kde in aptitude and all should
be OK there.

> I tried using aptitude to fix the situation, but it leads me in
> circles.  First I manually correct all the conflicts and
> dependendies, but it still says things are broken.  If I let
> apitutude automatically fix everything, it removes konqueror for the
> pending install list, argh!

OK, go into konqueror's aptitude listing and find out what's holding
it up.

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>