white-ish display with Gigabyte Radeon 9000 pro in XFree86 4.3 - unstable

Hi,

I am having a problem with my X config. I am trying to fix it for some hours
now, and I am LOST.

Symptoms: X starts, but the image is white-ish. I can just read it... It looks
like someone tuned up brightness to an insane level... Not workable..

I know it can work, I had it working -without my intervention, out of the box-
on Fedora Core 1 before (but I went back to Debian screaming for apt-get and
away from dependancy hell ;))

I am running Unstable, updated. I tried everything I could think of:
- vesa driver of X
- radeon driver of X
- ati driver of X
- fglrx driver of Ati (with all the patches needed, according to HOWTO on
www.rage3d.com)

All this on an ASUS A7N8X Nforce2 board, using a custom-built kernel, 2.6.4.
Agpgart built as a module, same with the NForce2 AGP module. With or without
these modules, no difference...

I am lost... :(

Pim

PingWings - Making the penguin fly