Error about apm reported when switching from X to tty and back

Hi,

ich have the problem that whenever I switch from console to X, there is an error message printed on tty1:

FATAL: error inserting apm (/lib/modules/2.6.4-1-k7/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/apm.ko): No such device

The weird thing is, that I don't use apm. ACPI is detected at boot time and used. If I try to manually load the apm module I get the same error (due to acpi being active).

Can it be that the problem is connected to gdm? If gdm starts at boot time I here a beep and this is the first time the error message appears on tty1. But I have not found any mentioning of apm neither in /etc/X11/gdm.gdm.conf nor in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

How can I get rid of this error? System is an up-to-date sid. Kernel 2.6.4-1-k7

Booting the kernel with apm=off does not work either.

Help would be appreciated

TIA

Christian
--
To reply to this posting directly use the following address and
remove the 'NO-SPAM' part: Riedel.Christian.NO-SPAM@gmx.net