Re: serial mouse under debian/sarge, 2.6.4

huize858@wxs.nl wrote:

Hello,

I have this problem: for a new printer I'm about to buy, I need to free
the usb plug; So I now have to make my debian box use a serial mouse.

I attached the configuration files knoppix built; I tried putting those
into my real /etc/X11 directory but still the mouse won't work. In
knoppix the
Can anybody tell me how to configure X so it'll use the mouse? I can't
even find how to start the configuring program the base-config gave me
when I installed for the first time... :-(
I have little experience with X configuration and none with serial mice
so... I need a hand here
If you need more configuration files please tell me which ones?

Thanks for your help,

Joris
Hello again Joris,

I really don't know what the situation is with Knoppix,
but I understand that it is based largely on Sarge, so this may work for you.
It's how I have mine configured.
You will have to install the gpm package first,
and that should help you through the configuration procedure in the console.

Regards,

David.