Re: No sound with Flash

"Marc Shapiro" <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[🔎] 407577DC.2060403@yahoo.com">news:[🔎] 407577DC.2060403@yahoo.com...
> I have had this problem for a while, but since I don't use a lot of
> Flash sites, I haven't worried about it.  A recent apt-gt upgrade
> installed a new Flash, however, and I thought I would check out the
> sound.  Still no go.

Marc,

Are you using KDE? I seem to remember reading somewhere that ARTs (KDE's
sound daemon) can sometime not play ball with Flash.
Try changing ARTs setting from within "Sound & Multimedia" in KDE's
control section (can't remember what it's called). If that doesn't work
tell mozilla not to use arts.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but its been that long since I've used
KDE. Google for 'Flash no sound ARTs'.

Hope this helps.

--
Paddy