Re: Problem installing Sarge from ISO images

Galicic, Joseph R. wrote:
Hi Hugo,
Here are my exact steps....

I boot from iso disk 1 to start the install process. The base system installs ok and reboots
After reboot I get the configuration menu screen.
I set time, configure apt and such...
Then I choose "select packages to install" and that is when the install
hangs. It just sits there doing nothing. No other screens appear.

Is this a new machine or one that you installed Debian on before?

When it sits there doing nothing, what happens when you go to vc2 (alt+cntrl+F2) and do "top"? what shows up on the list?

I guess what I am trying to find out is where he is hanging, on what.

Hugo.