Re: debian, gnome and shutdown again...

"Michal R. Hoffmann" <misiek@knm.org.pl> writes:

> I thought rather about some applet or application, which will
> do-it-all with one "click" - it would be easier for my kids - one big,
> visible button on the panel.

How attached are you to Gnome for this?  Sounds like you're looking
for KDE with KDM, in which you get those options when you click Log
Out.  Plus you could give your kids each their own login and let them
go nuts with their own settings without abusing yours.  8:o)

> With GDM i have to logout first, then choose menu
> System/Shutdown. And I'm not sure:
>
> 1) sudo on shutdown will be sufficient to use it by ordinar user?
> 2) what about safety?

You could do it that way, but the session will not be saved when gnome
goes down that way.

> This computer is rather desktop-home use.

: :'  :
`. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
  `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org   aboutdebian.com