Re: debian, gnome and shutdown again...

Katipo wrote:

GDM should give you this.

I thought rather about some applet or application, which will do-it-all with one "click" - it would be easier for my kids - one big, visible button on the panel. With GDM i have to logout first, then choose menu System/Shutdown. And I'm not sure:

1) sudo on shutdown will be sufficient to use it by ordinar user?
2) what about safety?

This computer is rather desktop-home use.

cheers,
--
misiek
***  Michal R. Hoffmann        |    <mailto:misiek@knm.org.pl>      ***